Friday, December 23, 2011

Snowflake Muffins...and Neighborhood Christmas Lights

Since I noticed these ultra gorgeous muffins on my Hungarian food blogger friend's blog Citromhab...which literally means Lemonfoam!  I would like you to meet the talent behind these amazing cupcakes, and the snowflakes made with royal icing, has caught my attention that I haven't seen on any of the foodblogs, yet!

Erzsébet has a tremendous talent for baking cakes, and yeast breads and rolls, as do quite a few of the other Hungarian ladies, which you can see on my blogroll list.Their cakes are the traditional European cakes that differ from ours! Another favorite of mine, among others, is Gizi with her amazing cake and dessert creations...but oh, my!...can that lady cook. Her cooking is truly delicious and authentic Hungarian!

With Erzsebet's permission, I am proud to present her festive Snowflake Muffins and please, do visit her blog to check out her other fabulous cakes, and various other delightful desserts!

If anyone has the "little elves" working in her kitchen... well, in case you don't see them around since the last week or so, they are busily working away in her kitchen, baking all the beautiful things!

I know I can't fool you, and I'm not even trying to, because I don't decorate like this but I am a fairly good baker. What I meant to say,  I don't can't decorate like this...it is just not possible, yet!


 "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people; for unto you is born, this day, in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord" 
(Luke 2:10 )

Wishing all my friends, a Blessed Christmas in Peace, love, and  joy...may your hearts be merry and your holidays be ...bright!

Boldog Karácsonyt,(Hungarian) Feliz Navidad,(Spanish) Buon Natale! (Italian)
with love!


do check out our local neighbors' Christmas lights!

There's a tradition in our local West Palm Beach, Florida neighborhood... every Christmas, each house "decks the halls" with the utmost and beautiful decorations...outdoing each other. At least this is not the neighborhood that I saw on the news that were sabotaging each others' houses by shutting off the main power for the lights, stealing decorations, of all things...Gee whiz...you'd think the Grinch was here, stealing Christmas! Well, it didn't happen in our town, so that's good! We have good cheers, and "love thy neighbor" feeling in the air!





Enhanced by Zemanta

29 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

So FESTIVE!!
Eli, I am thoroughly tempted by these snowflake muffins! Fascinating!
I wish you and yours a joyful and relaxing holiday season!
Angie

Citromhab said...

Elisabeth, olyan szépeket írtál, hogy egészen belepirultam:-)Köszönöm.
Nagyon örülök, hogy tetszik neked a muffin, az idén teljesen beleszerettem a hópelyhes süteményekbe, a hólabda tortán is ilyen dekoráció van.
Gyönyörűek a karácsonyi fények nálatok, itt Magyarországon is kezd elterjedni, hogy a házakat kivilágítják Karácsony táján, de nem ennyire.
Boldog ünnepeket kívánok neked és a családodnak!!

Csilla said...

Békés, Boldog Karácsonyt kívánok Neked, és családodnak! Micsoda pazar karácsonyi dekorációk!! :)

Bianka said...

Áldott, békés ünnepeket kívánok

Priya said...

Happy holidays and xmas wishes ELisabeth, those muffins looks adorable.

mia maria said...

Happy Holidays Elisabeth! All the best for the New Year!

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hi Elisabeth, thank you so much for sharing all the beautiful photos. Love the lighting from the house to the garden, very creative ideal. All look soooooo pretty. Merry christmas again to you and family. With hugs and love to you and your beautiful, handsome grandchildren too.
Happy holiday.

Lyndsey said...

Elisabeth, these are stunning snowflake muffins. The talent of good bakers always impress me too. I will check out her blog.

Your story sounds similar to mine, except I didn't get married until I was 35. My mom didn't want anyone in the kitchen when she was cooking either, so I didn't take much interest in it until later when I was on my own.

Beautiful photos of your neighborhood. We have been having such nice weather latley...we took a walk last evening looking at the light in our neighborhood.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Kati said...

Elisabeth, Áldott Karácsonyi Ünnepeket kívánok Nektek:)

Jane said...

Hi Elisabeth, Those snowflake muffins are a work of art. Also the themed liners - perfect! I will check out her blog.

Your neighborhood's lights are really lovely - Happy Holidays!

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

Those snowflake muffins look so festive! Wishing you and your family a very Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Debbie B. said...

adorable cupcakes!!

wanna said...

Merry Christmas Elisabeth!

ping said...

Kellemes Karácsonyt, dear Elisabeth! And before you ask, I have no idea if that's accurate :D Went to visit your friend's gorgeous post on the snowflakes, had it translated and had a fun time trying to figure out what it's saying :D (got the gist of it tho).
Sabotaging each other just for lights and decorations?! Good grief! What is this world turning into? I think most people have forgotten the real reasons for Christmas being celebrated. Glad you're in a nicer neighborhood.

Junia said...

elizabeth, those cupcakes are gorgeous! i wish the blog was in english! i wanna know how to make those snowflakes! and all those lighting decorations look so festive! awww i bet your grandchildren love it! merry christmas!

Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} said...

Happy Holidays Elisabeth! Your neighbors decorations are so pretty!
As for those muffins, I have to try my hand on making royal icing snow-flakes! they are adorable!

Pacheco Patty said...

Merry Christmas Elisabeth! Thanks for sharing and I hope you're enjoying a wonderful holiday. All my best wishes, Patty;-)

Lizzy Do said...

Just beautiful, Lizzie!!! I only do simple decorations, too...and these are perfect. Love seeing your neighborhood lights...and funny to see grass and palm trees :) Enjoy your lovely family today!!! xo

Lizzy Do said...

LOL, OK...now I see that wasn't your photo...but I know you could do these (well, I guess I could too if someone would make me those beautiful snowflakes :)).

Sandra said...

Beautiful neighborhood!!!! I want to wish you and your family Merry Christmas!!!

Foodafok said...

Békés, boldog ünnepeket és csodákban gazdag, áldott új évet kívánok!

Veronica's Kitchen said...

I love to go around the neighbourhood to look at their Christmas lights and don't understand why people would steal things that worth a lot of effort to create! The snowflake muffin is so festival looking and beautiful as well. Have a great and yummy Christmas with your family!

Kimby said...

This was so much fun -- first the snowflake cupcakes (which were darling) and then this "light tour!" We don't have any snow (so far) and very few lights in our neighborhood, so I enjoyed both tremendously! Thank you!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Never in a million years could I decorate a muffin like that, but it's lovely to be inspired by those who can.

Hope you have had a lovely Christmas.

Sue :-)

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking dessert
happy holidays to you and family

Gizi said...

Kedves Elizabeth!
Nagyon köszönöm Neked ezeket a kedves szavakat, melyeket rólam és a blogomról írtál. Teljesen zavarba jövök, de bevallom nagyon jólesik a dicséreted. Mindig szívesen látlak, és örülök, ha olyan süteményt, ételt találsz nálam, amelyek a régi ízeket juttatják eszedbe. Még egyszer nagyon köszönöm!!!!

Csodálatos képeket osztottál meg velünk a szépen kivilágított, feldíszített kertekről.

Reménykedem, hogy a Te karácsonyod is olyan csodálatosan telt, mint az enyém. Puszillak Gizi

Patty said...

Elisabeth...the lights are so pretty...what fun it must be to not bundle up on Christmas!!!

I truly can't imagine it but it was almost 60 here one day last week.

Kathy said...

Oh Elizabeth...What gorgeous muffins!! They sound so wonderful. I really can't believe how many beautiful lighting displays are strung in your neighborhood!! A winter wonderland! I only string a few white lights on my front trees.

Magic of Spice said...

What beautiful pictures and these muffins are just gorgeous! Hope you had a lovely Christmas :)