I missed so much opportunity to be posting so many different foods that I actually made in the last weeks that just flew by...not photographing anything...could also have had the chance to do a few Restaurant Reviews...(no photos)...well, could've...would've...should've...all have gone by, not focusing on it. I admit, I do regret procrastinating, and feeling 'down in the dumps' (no excuse)...can't take everything to 'heart' that we have no control over!
Well, as you may, or may not know, but I have a board on Pinterest called #soup love where I found this most gorgeous and yummy Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup and decided that I want to make it, just did not have 6 slices of bacon...only 3~ I did not follow their recipe all the way thru...so I made it my own...next time I will follow through the step-by-step recipe. When you see a photo on Pinterest, just click on the photo and it will lead you to the 'source' and most likely you will find the recipe, or the 'link' that it came from. In this case, I did find the source; which is called...
Tasty Kitchen...you will find the step-by-step recipe for this amazing soup!
Here's the recipe and my adaptation in blue:
Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 4 whole Extra Large Baked Potatoes Or 8 Regular Baked Potatoes (I used 2 med. leftover baked potatoes and 2 med. peeled, and diced potatoes boiled in 2 cups of 'homemade veg. broth)
- 6 slices Bacon, Diced (I used 3 slices of bacon)
- 6 Tablespoons Butter (no butter used)
- ½ whole Onion, Chopped (1 med. onion chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- ⅓ cups All-purpose Flour (2 Tbsp. all-purp. flour)
- 4 cups Chicken Stock (2 cups homemade vegetable stock)
- ½ teaspoons Sea Salt (or To Taste)
- 2 teaspoons Ground Pepper, Or To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (I used 3 Tbsp. olive oil)
- 3 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (no cheese)
- 4 whole Scallions (Green Onions), Sliced (no scallions) used sprig of parsley
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (1/2 cup sour cream)
In a large stock pot brown the diced bacon over medium heat. Once it’s crispy, remove bacon from the pan and drain off the grease.
While stirring, slowly add chicken stock to the flour mixture to prevent lumps. Bring to a simmer then turn heat to low.
Add 1/2 of the crumbled bacon,
Serve soup topped with remaining bacon, cheddar cheese, scallions and crisp potato skins.
OK...now that this recipe is out of the way...I'd like to share with you our typical S. Florida cloudy skies...so close that you can almost touch it...followed by a super storm immediately after the clouds, lasting for about an hour and followed by sunshine, or again more storms!
Have a beautiful week, my dear friends! (readers, followers, and all!) ...xoxo