Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake Bars

As you can see, this is a well decorated platter with just an 8x8 inches of simple cheesecake bars...a total of 4 large pieces, with the ends trimmed off, but every thing is in the "decoration"...the "presentation"...otherwise, it would be just a simple Cheesecake Bars, if not for the above mentioned...and of course, most important, the "platter"...Originally, I was going to do the next guest post for Lora's blog, with this easy dessert, but she is home now, from her huge surgery, and is getting her strength back little by little. I was at her house making this dessert, and both Teresa, and her husband Domenico kept asking me..."che fai?" What are you doing? ...because I was trying to uplift my photography skills, by enhancing the shots, at every different angle. It certainly helps when you have a nice camera, and a pint of gorgeous fresh, and perfectly ripened strawberries.
Instead of having the glaze on top of the overturned strawberry slices, I added the jam glaze directly on the cooled cheesecake bars, and sprinkled powdered sugar over the top of the strawberries, overlapping on the cheesecake, and on the platter...within a few minutes, the strawberries get their own natural glaze, just from the sugar...the rest is "trick photography!"...my theory...you aim, shoot, and hope for the best!


Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
my own recipe

For the Crust:
2 cups of vanilla wafers ground
1/4 cup butter (1 stick) melted
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp grated orange rind

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grind the wafers in a food processor to make 2 cups. Add sugar, and grated orange, stir in the melted butter, just to moisten evenly, and press into a large non-stick tart pan, with a removable bottom.
Use a large soup spoon to press down, and not with your fingers, or hand, (so butter does not get too pressed into the crust) Also, do the same on the sides of the tart pan. Bake crust for no longer than 15 minutes, and follow the topping, and filling process.

Filling:

8 ounces of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
(at room temperature)
1 cup of sour cream (at room temperature)
7 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. all purpose flour

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Line a 8x8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, and let it overhang about two inches. Spray the bottom with cooking spray. Mix the cookie mix with the butter and sugar, and pat down into the baking pan with about an inch around the sides. Mix the filling ingredients in a food processor, or blender for about a minute or two till blended and creamy, and pour the filling right over the crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, and lower the temperature to 325degrees and continue baking for another 25-30 minutes till it gets a little color on the top. Cool, and glaze with melted strawberry jam. Just heat about 1/4 cup of strawberry, or other seedless berry jam, adding the juice of 1 lemon. Spread on cooled bars. Let it chill, and lift out from pan for easy cutting. Garnish with fresh berries. Such an easy, and delicious cheesecake bars, with or without berry topping. It is more dense, than actual cheesecake, but the same taste, especially with the glaze, and topping. Enjoy!

I'm linking this to: Swathi-Hearth and Soul Hop #43

The way I took this photo was to go outside the patio at my daughter's in the late afternoon, not too strong of a sun, and canape cover on top, of patio for nice shade...hanging plant...plate in left hand, and somehow I managed a nice shot. Also, I zoomed the shot in, as well!
You can see the yummy glaze right on top of the cheesecake and not on top of the strawberry slice, which was turned over on the opposite side, which is just as decorative, and artistic if you would leave it whole, cut in half, and glazed...either way, nothing "beats" gorgeous and ripe strawberries, for visual, and tasty effect. Also, notice, fork is on the right side...as opposed to the left side which most people have when they do a close-up shot. It just tells you that I'm right handed, like most people are!
On a lighter note: I will leave you with more photos from my favorite place in our city....within a city, called
City Place
This fabulous gelato shop..Italy, Italy...grandson Luca, already enjoying his gelato...Lora with "black bag" standing in line...her f-in-law Domenico gazing at the many different sweets and gelatos...now, you can enjoy a nice snack, lunch or dinner outside, on the red chairs, with actual white and red linen table cloth lined elegant tables.
Pre-set desserts lined up, and disappearing in no-time...at all!

My choice was the lemon, and raspberry gelato in a cup...every one in the family looking at me all bewildered because they give you such a huge portion...enjoyed every bite of it, so smooth...not too sweet, and so different and much lighter than regular ice cream. My second favorites are the sorbets...Yumm!


Enhanced by Zemanta

43 comments:

wendyweekendgourmet said...

So glad to hear that Lora is home and recovering well...I know it's a huge relief. I wish her continued recovery, dear friend! Your cheesecake bars look SO good...and the pictures of those ripe berries are fabulous. Yum...

Michael Toa said...

I am so, so pleased to hear Lora is doing well and recovering form the surgery.
The cheesecake bars look wonderful. I also love the gelato place. I can see my favourite flavour... pistachio. Yum.
Enjoy your Sunday as well Elisabeth.

Pegasuslegend said...

This is amazing love the strawberries they really pop! Nice job making my mouth water again and again!

cajunlicious said...

This is so beautiful! The cheesecake bars looks so delicious.

Katerina said...

This cheesecake looks absolutely delicious with all these strawberries on top. I am glad the life of all of you is getting back to normal again. Have a great day!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful photos and those bars, Mmmmmmmm :P

That shop looks fab, wish there was one like that near me.

trinity said...

Fantasztikusan szépséges!!!

Chocolate and Flours said...

strawberries are my favorite fruit! those bars look amazing.

Ijeoma said...

Oh my gosh those cheesecake bars look AMAZING!

scrambledhenfruit said...

Those cheesecake bars are beautiful! You are so right about the strawberries- they're gorgeous! So glad Lora is doing well- prayers are on their way for a speedy recovery!

Boulder Locavore said...

Super Mama! All you've been going through and you give us this beautiful, fresh, delicious dessert. You ARE Super Woman!

Federica said...

This cake is amazing. I become a child again in front of a basket of strawberries, I love them. I'd like to have now a slice of this delicious and beautiful cake. Bye, have a great week

Citromhab said...

Csodás!!
Bárcsak lenne már nálunk is friss eper, alig várom.

Lizzy said...

Oh, yum!!! Beautiful dessert, Lizzie! Cheesecake and strawberries are one of my favorite combinations...and I couldn't resist if it was served like yours! So glad Lora is home and recovering...I know you will be keeping a close eye on her...it's so tough to see our babies in any pain. Hope this week goes well for you both! xo

Bianka said...

Fantasztikus

Priya said...

Omg, cake makes me drool, looks out of the world..

cajunlicious said...

Elizabeth, I hope your daughter is better. I hope you can find the cracker chips they are delicious!

Foodafok said...

Imádom az epret, és ez itt valami fantasztikus. Jó lenne, ha ehetnénk már. Persze nem a génkezeltre gondoltam. Csodás fotók. az esti hangulat szintén.

Kathy said...

Elizabeth, So glad to hear that Lara is doing well. As a mother, it is so hard to see your child go through these things. Prayers for a continued recovery. On a lighter note, your photos are so gorgeous! I would love to upgrade my camera…my Christmas wish! Love your strawberry cheesecake bars…they look amazing!

Junia said...

beautiful strawberry cheesecake!!!!

briarrose said...

I'm glad she is home and on the mend. :)

Beautiful dessert. I circled the strawberries twice at the store and now I'm wishing I had picked them up. ;)

Angie's Recipes said...

Those cheesecake bars look fabulous with those fresh strawberries! And the texture of the cheesecake is so smooth and creamy.
Now I am off to Lora's page :-)))

Brenda said...

Beautiful photos and delicious-looking bars Elisabeth. So glad Lora is recovering well!

Swathi said...

I am glad that Lora is home and take resting. Your dessert looks awesome I love these cheese cake bars.

Mary said...

This is a lovely dessert. It looks beautiful and sounds delicious. I'd love to have a serving of it. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

This is such a delicious looking dessert especially since I love cheesecake and strawberries.
I'm so glad to hear Lora is back home. I continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers wishing for a quick recovery. She is such a strong woman, but I'm sure it helps to have her mom by her side through all of this :o)
Thank you also for your nice words regarding my surgery. I'm glad it is over as well and I'm recuperating nicely. Hoping to head back into the kitchen in a few days!

ping said...

With all the delicious yum-yums you've been whipping up ... she'll gain weight in no time at all! Cheers!

Mother Rimmy said...

I love the orange rind in the crust. It would give the cheesecake such a fresh flavor. Lovely recipe.

Priya Sreeram said...

lovely dessert and wishes to lora for a quick recovery- god bless !

Anna C said...

Elisabeth, I'm so glad to hear that Lora's surgery went well. I wish her a speedy recovery.
That is one yummy looking cheesecake. Congrats on your new buy.....the photos are beautiful.

Emma said...

Elisabeth, I'm so glad your daughter is recovering well. She's far too young to go through something like this but I'm sure with such a lovely, supportive family she will be up and about soon.

Life really does like to throw us those curve balls doesn't it.

*hugs*

Butrcreamblondi said...

Beautiful dessert! Love that you added orange to the crust, it adds such a bright flavor. Hope your daughter is doing well

The Old Geezer said...

My wife and I love strawberries in any way shape or form. Thanks for a great recipe! :-)

Roxana GreenGirl said...

it was such a relief to read that Lora is doing much better and the surgery went well.
the strawberry cheesecake sound like a great sweet treat. definitely brightens the rainy day we are facing here in Virginia
thanks for sharing Elisabeth

Magic of Spice said...

So happy that Lora is recovering well. Your cheesecake bars are gorgeous, with I was not allergic to strawberries.
Hope you are having a good week :)

Diethood.com said...

I did not know you were Lora's mom...she is fantastic!! I love her blog and I absolutely adore her! Thank goodness that everything is going great!

The KitchenMaid said...

Elisabeth, this is gorgeous as always. So sorry I haven't been by recently - or sometimes I am just lurking but not commenting! Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your daughter x

''Cucina di Barbara'' said...

Oh Elisabeth, I love strawberry and I love cheesecake!
This is perfect:))
I hope your doughter is going well.

Barbara

Sonali Pradhan said...

first time here..wow strawberry cheesecake bar looks absolutely delicious....so inviting and yummy .....glad to follow u here ....do visit mine whenever u hav time :-)


http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

Egads! I feel like I must live under a rock. I didn't know you were Lora's mom. I have been following along her story on her blog. I am glad to hear she is doing a little better, slowly recovering.

Your pictures are beautiful. I love strawberries.

kitchenmorph said...

pure decadence...no other word for it! lemme check back about Lora coz i'm still not clued up wht surgery she had.

The 21st Century Housewife© said...

What lovely pictures! And your strawberry cheesecake bars sound wonderful! I am very glad to hear that Lora is home and recovering - I have been following her on Twitter and that is very good to hear. Thinking of you all. Thank you for linking this with the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop.

Meg (The Red Spoon) said...

These bars look amazing! Love all the strawberries!