Sunday, August 14, 2011

I've been Tagged...Seven Links!

I am so happy to have been tagged by three wonderful and talented blogger friends to participate in the
SEVEN LINKS game. I love it!
Thank you, my beautiful, talented friends...
Ping, @ Ping's Pickings, Lizzy, @That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!! and Tina, @Pinay of Texas Cooking Corner
As a rule: Tag 5 bloggers, but since I've been tagged three times. I will be tagging 15 bloggers to continue this fun tagging game.
I will tag 15 bloggers, 5 for each tagging. I will contact you on your blog to tag you!
Have a beautiful Sunday!


1.THE MOST BEAUTIFUL POST
 I don't do much baking for the simple reason that my daughter does most of the baking in the family, and I have been slacking off in the last few years with my cake baking. I like to come up with easy-breezy stuff, as this No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake that I literally took the recipe from the back  of the box of the graham crackers, and adapted it my way! This was back in April of this year, and I received 50 comments on it! For a simple cake, I thought this was really pretty and light for Spring! (photo was taken with my old camera, and this was the best I could do)

2.THE MOST POPULAR POST



3. THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL POST
# 3-My Homemade Garlic Rolls has to be the most controversial post. I have never made garlic rolls like these. They are like the cinnamon rolls, only with a different twist, filled with herbs and garlic. I was so excited when I first saw this on another blogger's blog. Instead of commenting on the blog that was linked to (which I did later) ...as usual, me...like a little "kid" all happy and excited, commenting, and complimenting how much I love the rolls..."thank you for sharing"...so on, and so forth, just drooling all over their post. Not a word back on their blog, not a "peep" to mine; Do you know how bad, that feels?...the rejection?...the vulnerability, to put yourself out there to a stranger's blog and open up with your feelings, and the "let down" is so sad...but your learn from it! I simply went to the "source" where it was linked from, and not only got a gracious comment, but a "gift" of the yeast she used to send to me from Singapore! So,  as you see...when "one door closes, another door opens up for you!"....a happy ending!

4. THE MOST HELPFUL POST

The most helpful post by far, has to be my Chocolate Chip Biscotti that I baked for the online bake sale for the American Cancer Society, hosted by Becky, @Baking and Cooking, A Tale of Two Loves. I have never done an online baking before...did not know the firs rule about it, but there I was participating in the baking to have my biscotti bid on, bake it, and ship it out for the blogger that won the bid. It was quite challenging, for a great cause! I also bid on 2 amazing desserts and had it shipped to me. Totally fun, and a great way to support cancer research for our loved ones, friends, and all the people who are battling this disease, and for the ones that have been cured!
Such a great and rewarding feeling. I cannot go into it any further, because there would be tears of sadness, but mostly tears of joy for the cure!


5. POST THAT WAS SURPRISINGLY SUCCESSFUL
My "Perfect Brownie Pan" Brownie (One Bowl Brownies,) made in the famous brownie pan with the individual dividers. By mistake, I poured the brownie filling into the pan while the dividers were in, instead, before, and it created little collars around the sides when it was done...not intending to make this design.

6. POST THAT DID NOT GET ATTENTION IT DESERVED
I was so proud of my Mushrooms in Adobo Sauce, a true authentic appetizer tapas from Spain, with caramelized onions and homemade adobo...not the powdered seasoning that you buy commercially, but your own.
It really was professionally done, and plated. Could be, that not that many people like mushrooms.

7. POST YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF
The post that I'm most proud of is the simple, yet amazing Carrot Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese frosting, that I made for my son Joe's birthday, this March. He just published his first novel, and also launched his surfboard art career. We celebrated at a Vegan restaurant since both son wife were both vegetarian at the time (now, my son is not, after one year)
It didn't take long to make this delicious cake, but you must make it the day, or several hours before (I made it the day before) to assure it's flavors combining with all the goodness added. All ingredients are so fresh, and the frosting totally amazing!

Here are the 15 food blogger friends that I'm inviting to join the 7 Links Tag Game!

Joanna-Chic & Gorgeous Treats
Kathy-Bakeaway With Me
Brenda-Brenda's Canadian Kitchen
Junia-Mis Pensamientos
Becky-Baking and Cooking, A Tale of Two Loves
Gina-SPCookie Queen
Parsley Sage (Carsley)-Deep Dish
Lora-Cake Duchess
Lindsey-Tiny Skillet
Veronica-Quay Po Cooks
Alisha-The Ardent Epicure
Sandra-Sandra's Easy Cooking
Wendy-The Weekend Gourmet
Shabs-Yum and Delish
Michael-Me, My Food and I
Enhanced by Zemanta

39 comments:

claudia @whats cookin italian cuisine said...

Awesome roundup this has been so much fun! My favorite is what your most proud of that cake looks fantastic!

ping said...

Hi Elisabeth! Great list of links here! 15 bloggers?! You can tell you're very popular, can't you? I'll tell you all 7 links are beautiful coz it's all done with love. I wonder why I missed the mushrooms post? They look delicious! And I love the collars on those brownies ... sooo cute! Reminds me of my darling kitty when he had to wear the lamp shade from the vet's. LOL!!

Kathy said...

Elizabeth, great post...I will have to check out your mushroom post! Your carrot cake is gorgeous! Great job!

laurie said...

you are such an inspiration and the close family bond you have reveals itself in everything you do.Thre brownies were delicous,, I tried them and the raspberry cake is one I have to try,, thanks for posting this because its a great reminder of some delicous recipes.

Three-Cookies said...

Great posts, some of which I had not seen before. Garlic rolls is a great twist to the cinnamon rolls. It would be interesting to have this for a meal followed by cinnamon rolls for dessert - same design, different flavour:)

Dzoli said...

Yes I am pleased for you.And of course this gives us newcomers possibility to see some of your best posts:)

Emma said...

Nice post Elisabeth. I do not remember those amazing garlic rolls and will need to bookmark these as my other half would love them!

Junia said...

wow amazing roundup of recipes! those garlic knots look sooo good. love the idea of making them savory~ :D

honey82 said...

Hi Bella,
how are you?:-))
Mi stai facendo venire fame con tutte queste golosità..mamma miaaa:-D
Complimenti kisses:-**

Angie's Recipes said...

Eli, THANK YOU! Gosh..just one word makes the huge difference.
You know which of these 7 is my favourite? Those garlic rolls! I think you have caught the soul of those savoury rolls.
XoXo
Angie

Lizzy said...

Oh, I am so excited to see this post...such lovely and delicious choices! I'll be back to review when I'm not on my phone in the dentist's office:)

PS my friend, Carole, does not have a blog but she's been planning to start one...once she thinks of a catchy name. She's on Twitter a lot, so hope to get you two connected.

Junia said...

ahhh what an honor! thanks so much for linking to me!!! :D

mangiabella said...

you're so much fun Elisabeth, this is a great roundup for sure. I think the garlic rolls have to be my favorite too....and although not pictured here and included in the roundup, I'm still thinking about that focaccia!

Tina (PinayInTexas) said...

Glad that you accepted the challenge, Elisabeth! You have chosen such awesome links! Love the No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake and the Homemade Garlic Rolls!!!

Kathy said...

Thank you Elizabeth...I will have to organize and try to post this week! Hmmm...This could be very difficult! But I am happy to play along!

Becky said...

Elisabeth-You have such a gorgeous round up of dishes. I especially like the Raspberry no bake cheesecake, but the biscotti is special to me, because you made it for the Relay for Life Bake Sale.

I might have to wait until next week to play tag, but I will for sure.

Magic of Spice said...

These are all delightful and now that I am looking at your garlic rolls again...I need one!
Beautiful post :)

Gina said...

Thank you so much for the sweet b-day wishes and for tagging me in this fun game. I've got 40 lbs. of san marzanos sitting on my counter begging for my attention, but I'm hoping next week will be much easier for me. I still remember those garlic rolls, yum.
-Gina-

Sandra said...

Oh wow..your dishes are so good..I wish you live close to me, I would be there in a second:))
Thank you for tagging me in this fun game..I will try to make a post this week with 7 links:)
Have a wonderful week!!!

Shabs said...

Hey Elsabeth , lovely round-up of your dishes, but my most fav one is the garlic roll coz i have made them and they turned out just SUPER!!! .

Chic & Gorgeous Treats said...

Hi Elisabeth! Oh wow.. thanks for linking me to 'Seven Links' game. I'm so excited and definitely cracking my brain for the answers. All your recipes above are truly amazing. I'm definitely one big fan!! I really adore your cooking my dear friend.. and there's you, Lizzy, Gina, Tina@GlourTrader, Sandra's Easy Cooking, Tina@PinayInTexas... so many of you.. i'm seriously spoilt for choices whenever I read your posts and the other ladies to be inspired daily. Hugs, Jo

Pachecopatty said...

Elizabeth, you've really put together a fantastic lineup of dishes here!
It's great to see how much fun you're having with your blog and inspiring others with your creativity;-)

Parsley Sage said...

Garlic Rolls = Love of my Life! So delicious and wonderfully tasty!

wendyweekendgourmet said...

Thanks for tagging me, Elisabeth! How fun...I was actually planning a similar post in honor of my official one-year blog anniversary over the weekend. This will work great...I will incorporate this into that post and post tonight.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Hi Elizabeth! I just went to your daughter's site. I didn't know your daughter has a website. She has lots of delicious desserts on her blog! I love your 7 links and I enjoyed the story behind each pick! They all look delicious but I am curious to try the mushrooms in adobo sauce! Great you pick 15 bloggers, more fun challenge continues!

Mari said...

Great recipes, Elisabeth. That carrot cake looks super delicious!

Hugs

Christine's Pantry said...

Great roundup. Thanks!

briarrose said...

Such a great selection of goodies.

Betty @ scrambled henfruit said...

All of your links look delicious- I even saw some I had missed before. I really need to make those garlic rolls- I could make an entire dinner of them, they look so good! And that carrot cake? Oh my, it is begging me to make it! :)

Michael Toa said...

Hi Elisabeth, thank you for the tag. I'll be posting my round up soon. Everything looks superb. I am drooling all over that carrot cake though... love carrot cake, especially with cream cheese frosting.

Jay said...

I m so excited to see all the yummy recipes...
wonderful presentation..:)
Tasty Appetite

Monet said...

I'm glad to see you completed this challenge, my dear friend. I loved seeing all these posts, and I have a few I want to visit after I finish posting. Thank you for sharing the cake again too. I'm eager to try that out on my own. I love visiting your blog before my work day. I need to begin with a smile :-) Have a wonderful rest of your week!

''' UMUTSEPETİ ''' said...

Hepsi de harika gözüküyor,ellerinize sağlık..
Sevgilerimle...

Susan said...

What a neat look into your culinary adventures! And, you are a very accomplished baker! Lots of wonderful textures, flavors & photos!

Reeni said...

It was so great seeing all of your mouth-watering creations and hearing your thoughts on them! I am drooling over those garlic rolls and your gorgeous cake! xoxo

Ami said...

What a fantastic recipes! Especially "Perfect Brownie Pan" Brownie :) love it!

Linda said...

What a round up! Nice to see so many wonderful creations. I love the way those brownies look too! I'm going to check that mushrooms in adobo sauce recipe. I love mushrooms and it is beautifully plated!

Dulce Dough said...

Such great posts, and it is fun to read your reflections on them!

Elle (Bromography) said...

A great look back! You're absolutely correct about the mushroom in adobo sauce.